Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thanks and then some

Not to belabor the point, but I cannot help but be very aware that exactly one year ago today I a) took a very short bike ride, b) was treated to ride in a helicopter, and c) spent the rest of the day in the OSU hospital in a kind of haze of morphine drips and cat scans and xrays. Amazingly enough one of the thoughts I do remember was thinking that if the bike wasn't too banged up maybe I could catch up with the XC group in Erie...Somewhere around 8 or 9 o'clock a team of young doctors showed up to let me know what a dumb idea that was. - Anyhow, the only point of this little bit of musing is to state that one year later it was a gorgeous day in New Jersey and I went out and rode 72 miles today with 4600 feet of climbing and I was thinking thoughts of gratitude and appreciation for this wonderful life every foot of the way...

3 comments:

  1. Amen, Amen. I have been thinking of that day too. I remember when Katherine called me here in TX. I have been following the XC10 group too hoping they all finish safely.
    You sound like you are better than ever with your new bike and continued determination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, is all I can say. I am floored that we are in contact and the thought of riding with you again in XC11 gives me such joy. Thank you for keeing up with the blog, on my end and yours, so we can keep tabs on each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie - It's Champaign or bust...Seeing all those 3000 mile signs in the XC10 blogs is even more inspiration. See you in 11 months.

    ReplyDelete