Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Random thoughts...

Just finished reading the first several posts on the blogs of this year's XC riders. Today's ride of one hundred and four miles was the last full day ride that I did last year. I remember sitting at dinner with Alec - we both agreed that the century we had just finished was the easiest we had ever done and we both felt that we might have been in the best physical shape of our lives. And tonight I cannot help but wonder if Tracy had a few extra words of warning for the group on the left turn in Delaware - "traffic comes up really fast, make doubly sure you have a clear lane for your turn". If it was a little closer I would be out there myself directing traffic.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a year ago tomorrow was not a good day! You were ahead of me on the ride into Dover. I spotted the stopped cars, police lights, and people running across the highway. I vividly remember thinking, "Oh, no! Not one of us!" Staff from crossroads were already on the scene. Sue was talking to the motorcyclist with her hands on his shoulders. You were lying in the middle of the road with your hand clutching your back. We could only watch helplessly while other, more capable people took charge. It was a very quiet ride into Marysville. Thank goodness you weren't hurt worse than you were. Even more thankful that you have made a full recovery and are back on the bicycle. At the time, we didn't comment in our daily blogs about the accident because we didn't want to alarm any of your loved ones before they were properly notified. I'll be thinking seriously about last year's ride tomorrow. Stay safe.

    RSRO,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. Make that "a very quiet ride into Wooster." I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete