Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

End of the ride....

I realized today that I am suffering a severe case of "blog withdrawl". The XC10 ride ended on Friday with their last short ride to Boston and no more will we have the daily accounts of mountains, wheat fields, rolling hills, centuries and all the rest that make up the cross country adventures of this year's riders. I have been truly addicted, checking for their posts a couple of times a day and I really feel like I got to know some of them very well. I would like to visit every single one of them and, after a ride of course, find out just what they intend to do after such a marvelous adventure. At the same time, I must say that following all these folks across the country has made me more determined than ever to pick it up and complete my own journey next year. My current plan is to meet the XC11 group in Champaign and go from there. I was out today for about 60 miles (in 94 degree heat, BTW) and all I could think of was completion of the ride - I guess I am already training.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you. Is there a twelve-step program for XC blog addicts? Did you notice that a couple of bloggers left us hanging - no post since the ride into Burlinton? What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did notice...was thinking of filing a protest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would read my blog of our ride last year on the day they were biking the same route. There was a time that my blog was posted and around that time I would check their postings. I agree with you Jim, what's up with no postings on the last day and beyond.

    Bob - I am sure that you will finish your ride. Only about 11 1/2 months until you start up again. We are all looking forward to seeing your photo/bike at the Atlantic Ocean next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that Ste and his wife will continue blogging. They are on their way to a rafting trip. blog: LevyCrosscountryBicycleTour. It feels like XC11 is so close, yet so far away. I can't believe we will unit again next year!!!!

    ReplyDelete