Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving...

No photo today and no ride either but I would feel like something was missing if I did not at least acknowledge the spirit of thanksgiving day. We are hosting the traditional dinner today with Kelli and family and Katherine and her family and I am very aware of how lucky I am to be here and celebrating. I am very tempted to make the cracked helmet a part of the centerpiece of the dining room table (except for the fact that Susan would probably chase me out of the house if I tried it). I know I am stating the obvious but I have much to be thankful for this year: certainly and most simply my life; and then all of the things that we so often take for granted. My wife Susan who has stood by my throughout these past few months, my daughters and my step-children, my grandchildren. I appreciate the fact that I can wake up this morning and be a part of this wonderful life more than ever before. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And to all who might read this, my wish is that you too have the best of all possible days today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment