Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall colors are still with us...

The sun was kind of in and out today but still a great day for riding the back roads in Mercer and Hunterdon counties. The temps were in the mid-fifties but no wind. I left the house thinking I would head for Sergeantsville and the last remaining covered bridge in NJ, a very scenic spot in the fall. However I'm still kind of taking my cycling temperature every time I go out and at about fifteen miles I decided that I wasn't up for a sixty mile ride and cut it back to about forty. As you can see from the pictures though you can't go wrong with any route: every road is just so nice at this time of year. So, even though I was tempted to stop and make a photo every mile or so here are just a few - and extra points will be awarded for anyone who spots deer in the shot (Jim, don't get distracted by the girls in bikinis).
I'm still re-discovering some of the familiar roads I've taken for years but have not ridden for the past six months. In a way I feel like I'm making up for lost time but also it's a great feeling to take the new bike over some of the rollers and s-curves that make up these roads. My ankle still feels a bit weak but amazingly my back, which still tires easily, has no problem at all with the bike position. It will be a while before I can comfortably do a century but to paraphrase an old truism, I'm just glad to be doin' it....

2 comments:

  1. I found your 'deer'. You will have to check your email, I can't post it to your blog...
    M

    ReplyDelete