Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rday - 7

Can you believe it? Seven days until we leave Portland Maine and start our trek to Florida. I have stuff all over the place but, honestly, have not even begun to pack. Thirty pound weight limit? Hmmm, maybe I had better start sorting and checking things out. My training has been so discombobulated because of the housing issues that I have been a little concerned that maybe I would be spending the first week trying to ride myself into shape, not really something I wanted to do. I have been out on the bike for the last three days in a row - first time all summer that I have managed three consecutive days. Yesterday Tom Ryan (my roomie) and I did a 50+miler with lots of good hills and some unfamiliar (to me) roads. We had to skip some of our more familiar training routes because of bridges out, roads a bit sketchy, etc. And today all I had time for was a late afternoon 3o miler but I kept it in the big gear and really worked for the couple of hours I had....I think I'm ready but always there is that feeling that I should do a bit more: a few more hills maybe, just one more century. The moment of truth is rapidly approaching. We have 25 riders and the email boxes have been filled with exchanges of introductions and photos this past week or so. The folks from '09 I already know, of course, but based on the emails it looks like a really great group overall. All but one have done a cross-country (or at least part of one) and most have done them with Tracy's Crossroads group. We have people from all over the country: California, Michigan, NC, NY, NJ of course, Illinois, etc, and three from outside the US: an Israeli, an Englishman, and one from Canada (French as his first language). I've no doubt it will be a terrific ride. And finally, the good news of the day: we have sold our house. After almost six months and one aborted sale we signed the contracts today and the deal really looks firm. It came as a bit of surprise but I am so relieved to have it resolved and not have to leave Susan with that mess and worry while I'm gone. We will move probably the middle of November but in the meantime Susan can plan a trip to Florida and I can ride without the constant stress of two houses in the back of my mind....

2 comments:

  1. Sold! Excellent news.

    UPS says my bike arrived today. I fly to Maine on Tuesday. Let the good times roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding new. What a relief.

    ReplyDelete