Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NJ Spring

Wow - the temperature is about 50 and winds at about 20/25 with gusts to 35. Almost as bad as the Texas panhandle and Dalhart. Yesterday it was a bit warmer with winds of only 15/20 and so I did get out for a couple of hours. Saturday was an even better day - low 70s and no wind. I had intended to get out early and get in a 70 mile celebration ride (celebrating another birthday and the fact that I'm able to celebrate - I don't take that for granted). However, our contractor (who has been rebuilding our bathroom shower) arrived at 8:15 ready to finally do the last step in the process - putting the ceiling under the shower back together. I told this guy he had almost become a part of the family but it was a step-by-step process and so went on for almost three weeks. And so the plan changed with my late departure - I did 73 kilometres instead and finished in time for dinner. This weekend promises to have sun and temps in the low 80s - mayhaps I find time to do the 70+ in miles.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Texas - if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

    This year's group must be getting excited. I know I am, and I'm not going.

    Ira and I are planning on representing XC09 on the Manhattan Beach pier on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you and I have been living parallel lives. Spring weather, contractors, and birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim - I envy you. Will you also ride with them for a few miles - maybe up that initial three or four block hill?
    Barbie - Fun stuff huh? Wish I could also add the XC10 that you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of Dalhart, you will be envious to know that a cross country group that rode to Dalhart on Wednesday averaged 28mph with a south wind. I believe it, as I could do only 8mph at times here riding into the south wind.

    Tom D.

    ReplyDelete