Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Five days to flight time...

Wow, we are now into May- just five days until Tom and I board the plane... I think I'm ready but I'm in a "can't believe I'm really doing this" kind of mindset. Have tapered off on the long rides but I went out today for a forty mile ride on a rolling route- some hills but mostly just a chance to keep the legs going. I have started thinking of the old bike I'm using as "bike surprise". It gets me where I want to go but it complains a lot and I never know for certain how it will react to a command from me. The seat has a sort of creaking sound but seems pretty secure. I noticed a new noise today that I suspect may be the bottom bracket. Shifting is more like persuasion than issuing a command. The rear derailleur seems to have a mind of it's own - it may not move at all, it may skip a cog (or two) or it may do exactly as I want it too. I think that the bike is really trying tell me it is overdue for an overhaul. And I'm going to be very happy to see my "real" bike in Los Angeles. I totalled up my training mileage today: 1810 miles since February, and that does not count the hours spent on the indoor trainer. I feel like I'm ready - I hope so. To all who have (or will) make a contribution to Anchor House (post of 4/6/09) thanks very much. And something I've been meaning to do for some time... my roomie's blog: http://www.tryanlatoboston.blogspot.com/ - same trip, different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment