Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Too much work...

The new tube I put on last night held and out I went today. Once I made it the first eight or ten miles I knew I would be OK. Completely different day today: very humid and once the sun finally broke through the fog the temps got up into the high 80s before I was safely home. First day in such heat and I was drinking like crazy. I also decided it was a day to get in some hill work and I got more than I bargained for: a couple of mile long climbs, three different hills where the grade exceeded 20% and the first time this year that I hit 4000 for the entire ride. I ended up doing 72 miles and not surprisingly broke my (and my dentist's) no Gaterade rule. I keep thinking that in three weeks I will start my Ohio to Boston venture with a 98 mile/6000 feet of climbing day and I'd certainly like to think that I will be ready.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your tires continue to hold out for you. I have your blog as the top icon on my phone so I can read it every. day. look forward to your training posts and then the trip itself. RSRO
    Love, Marge

    ReplyDelete