Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Scenes of Autumn

I complain a lot about the cooler temperatures, the shorter days and the need to start thinking long tights and extra layers under the jersey. But then we get a couple of almost perfect days and I realize that fall is truly a dream come true for cyclists. And the last couple of days have been that way: hardly any wind, sun and puffy-white clouds, and temps right around 70. I remember that last year I had just been cleared to ride again at this time and was disconcerted by the loss of the summer - I felt like I missed all the warm weather and the snow would be flying momentarily. This year I have been able to segue right into the cooler weather and watch the leaves turn and see all the country roads doing their magic thing with the scenery. Yesterday the roads were filled with the leaf-peepers: folks with their convertible tops down, a million or so motorcycles out cruising and dozens of horse trailers looking for places to ride. It is truly a magic time and I'm going to enjoy every mile for as long as it lasts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment