Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

No cycling today....

This is the scene from the bottom of our driveway as of a few minutes ago. And the weather folks are telling us this is just the beginning, that with just a little luck we could see up to 15 inches of this stuff by tomorrow morning. This is the path that I normally take to get out my neighborhood and out to the country - I don't think I would make it to the next driveway. Although I must say that returning from a "milk and bread run" an hour ago I did see someone on a mountain bike who appeared to be successfully navigating one of our unplowed streets. Maybe he had studded tires?
One of the last reminders of my encounter with the motorcycle is my back so I'm wielding the shovel with great care. We have a little electric snow blower that I usually bypass in favor of the exercise but I think it may get pressed into service today. So to all of you Californians, Texans, and Floridians enjoy your tropical temps and sunshine today and think of us cold easterners perched on our indoor bikes spinning away with the blizzard outside.

2 comments:

  1. What a wimp. Get out there and pedal. 75 today in LA. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob...I'm confused. What is all that white stuff in your pictures? We don't have anything like that here in LA. ;-)

    ReplyDelete