Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

The Dalton gang rides again....

Well, at least one of them will be riding. Harry Crampton, our Liverpool friend who was integral part of the Daltons on the 2009 cross-country ride, arrived in the US on Wednesday. He signed up for the Anchor House ride (a NJ 500 mile charity ride) and will be heading up to the start point in Burlington, Vermont with Tom Ryan today. In the meantime Susan and I hosted dinner for Tom and his wife Chris and Harry on our back deck last night. Needless to say it was a fun re-union. The last time Harry saw me I was lying on the ground waiting for the helicopter - and the last time I saw Harry was at dinner the night before and he was at the end of the table with a few empty Boood Lites lined up in front of him. He has not lost his taste for the Bood lites and we all had a great time telling and re-telling stories from our shared adventure...Good luck and a safe ride to them both through Vermont, New York and back to New Jersey over the coming week (I only wish I could join them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment