Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hot times in New Jersey

I am not a scientist so I do not have the definitive answer on the global warming issue. However, I do suspect something is going on and we seem to be losing the warm but bearable summer weather that we had in the past. We have had, alternately, either hot-hot-hot or three/four days of drenching rains for the past few weeks. We are currently in the midst of another heat wave with the temperatures in the low/mid nineties (it is mid-afternoon and the temp is 93) with 5 and 6 days of this heat. I got up early today for the second day this week and was out by 7:30 hoping to beat the worst of the heat. And I did, in fact, get in a good ride - although it was warm there was just enough of a breeze and I had enough water to get me through the first forty miles or so. But after the last stop for water and gatorade the sun was high, the heat was up and enough was enough. The last twenty miles was a bit of a stretch...the gatorade quenched my thirst and the water was sprinkled over my steamy head.
Sixty-five miles for the morning but I'm here to say I've had it with these heat waves...no way is it fun to be cycling in 93 degree heat every day...wonder what the temperature is in Alaska?

1 comment:

  1. I am not a scientist as well, but I do believe it has something to do with global warming. The key to beating the heat is to get out there as soon as the sun comes out.

    ReplyDelete