Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A cold and snowy St Paddy's Day

I might have thought that by the 17th of March we would be seeing a bit of early spring. However, it is not to be. Six weeks ago the groundhog came out on a sunny  morning, saw his shadow and raced back into his hole thereby condemning us to another six weeks of winter. On Friday I pulled the bike off the hooks in the garage, cleaned and oiled the chain and was ready for a real outdoor ride yesterday. The morning was gray and cool and by noon-time we had a driving snowstorm. There was nothing to do but to head over to the gym, hop on the stationary bike once again and watch the snow accumulate outside the window...oh well.
On another note I have been quietly obsessed with how and when to complete my interrupted cross-country adventure (or misadventure depending on your perspective) for the last couple of years. This past week I finally called Tracy (owner of CrossRoads) to see if she could squeeze me into the group riding this year. The plan is to journey to Marysville Ohio (last stop before the Harley caught me) and complete the adventure. I have about 1100 miles to go and I simply cannot feature entering the old folks home a few years from now and thinking that I didn't finish - and I'm sure a wheelchair would not make it happen. And to make it even more attractive I learned that two of my colleagues from the original crosscountry and the Maine-Florida will also be doing the ride. So I am waiting for word that they can get the logistics worked out so I can start training and get properly "psyched" for the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent decision. I just heard that Jan (ES11) is going to ride XC13. I'm green with envy.

    ReplyDelete