Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Yes!!!!

What more need be said?In the mail today was the CrossRoads East Coast ride jersey. Not that I need motivation but it does make my heart move up a couple of beats and maybe push up my training rides as well. We are now under two months until we convene in Maine and I'm looking forward not only to starting the trip but to meeting up with all the folks who rode XC09. One of the pleasant surprises in the package from CR was short note from Tom Dunn indicating that he would be riding with us. The more the merrier....
On other fronts...The training goes well. The weather has been awful the last week or so: temps over 100 and humidity close to the same number but for the most part I have manged to get in the miles I want. I'm well over 500 for the month and that is a good thing. I'm looking forward to my first century of the summer in a couple of weeks - I'd like to put in a request to the weather gods for temps in the low 80s and clear skies, no humidity please.
The house is still on the market and we have started doing the little maintenance items on the new house. I am not at all comfortable with this two-house nonsense but am trying to stay cool about it. We have deferred moving since the current house shows so much better to prospective buyers with furnishings but I suspect we will have a decision to make before the ride.....one of several little nightmares that occasionally have me wide awake at 3 A.M.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! My shirt is blue. The red would go much better with my bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Tracy was trying to match your eyes??? I'm glad to have something easily seen by motorcyclists...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,

    My wife and I will be staff on the tour. I will ride at the start of most days.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete