Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Bikes on the Brain...

Bikes on the brain, or words to that effect - I think I may also have heard the word 'obsessed'. And it is probably true to some extent. I have been reading the blogs of the current cross-country riders, thinking of my own adventure last year, and then simply enjoying yesterday's almost perfect day. Saturday was windy and gusty but yesterday was a day full of blue skies and those big, white, puffy clouds that make me want to take another picture every time I turn a corner or crest a hill. And, of course, at this time of year we have had our rains and sun and the greens of the grass are almost as spectacular as the blue skies. So great ride 62 miles, 3700 feet of climbing and home in time for dinner out with Susan - can't beat that.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! It's drizzling here in SoCal this morning, so I'm not out on the road. Maybe I'll go take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Jim, a little drizzle is not that bad !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm Wouldn't want to get any moisture on that pretty new bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it never rained in SoCal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They changed the dates for Amgen Tour of California from March to May this year to avoid the winter weather. Did you see yesterday's stage? Wet, cold, and miserable. So much for "sunny" California.

    ReplyDelete