Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waiting for the sun to come out....

What a difference a year can make. I went to my log today and at 17 February last year I had 9 days of riding and about 350 miles. Through today I have not had a day on the bike in February and I cannot remember the last time I was on the road...The photos tell the tale: first is the scene from our front porch taken yesterday. And second is our backyard, also taken yesterday. Mother nature was dumping another 2 or three inches on top of the 2-3 feet we already have on the ground from last week. It is beautiful, of course, but as I have said throughout this winter there is a very fine line between " wow, isn't it gorgeous" and " enough of this white s**t already." So in the meantime, the Olympics are on TV and I try to time my indoor bike time with something reasonably energetic and inspiring - curling does not do it for me but watching the cross-country skiers sprints are almost as good as a fast break in a good basketball game. And here's to a little sun in the long term forecast and back to the roads.

4 comments:

  1. Damn! Look at all that white stuff. I won't tell you how nice the weather has been in SoCal, there are too many people living here already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at my log last year and compared to last year and I am about 600 miles behind my schedule of last year. Got to get back on the bike. I am one of those persons who move to SoCal as I noticed the weather was a little nicer out here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't wish any more snow for you but I do remember getting snow in mid-March one year back in Michigan. &:(
    We had a great day in Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made a post. I have been wondering what u have been up to.

    ReplyDelete