Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring in New Jersey

Spring can be very fickle in New Jersey (to wit: there is a possibility of snow this coming week) but today was almost perfect. No small part of this upcoming little adventure is the preparation and for the most part it is pretty basic - ride, ride, and then ride some more. At this point I am really tired of the trainer, i.e. the indoor bike and would also like to put away the the long bike tights and the winter gloves and ski hat. I got an early start today (9:15) and went out with one layer and shorts. The sky was blue, the temperature kept going up and it was a great ride. A little windy to start but even that diminished toward the end. The back roads I rode were abloom with daffodils and forsythia and I even saw a few farmers attacking fields with tractor and plow. Among other things to think about I know that there are back to back centuries (100 miles) in the first 9 days and we haven't yet found time or a weather day to try one this year. Today I did 65 miles of the Anchor House hilly training ride (more about Anchor House soon) and actually felt that I could have done much more. That's a good sign and now the trick is to feel like I can do it every day. Tomorrow they are talking rain - no I do not deliberately ride in the rain. I know that it will inevitably rain at some point on the ride but I feel no desire to go out and practice for it. So tomorrow will be the trainer and hopefully another long ride the next day.... More later

No comments:

Post a Comment